Allderdice Multicultural Dinner
Come one, come all and be a part of our school’s diversity at the
Allderdice Multicultural Dinner
Thursday, December 15, 2022
6:00 pm: Potluck Dinner in the CAFETERIA with dessert and drinks provided
7:00–9:00 pm: Holiday Concert in the AUDITORIUM with Dice Chorus/Orchestra
Bring a main dish from your cultural background that serves 8-10 people.
Bring enough food to share so there will be enough for all! Drinks and dessert provided.
Parent Volunteers needed! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
!!! Celebrate Celebrar Slaviti Fejre Cellébrer Feiern Celebrare Fira !!!
Sponsored by Allderdice PTO
PAC Parent Representatives Needed
Pittsburgh Allderdice is seeking two additional parents to serve on the Parent Advisory Council (PAC) as parent representatives for the 2022-23 school year. In this role, you would attend monthly PAC meetings with district leaders and stakeholders. These meetings typically occur on the first Thursday of the month from 6 PM – 8 PM. The meetings are held at Pittsburgh SciTech and include a catered dinner at 5:30 PM. You would then provide a brief summary of the PAC meeting at the Allderdice PSCC virtual meetings, which are typically the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. If you are interested in serving in this role, please email the FACE coordinators, Raechel Palmer (email@example.com) or Amanda McClelland (firstname.lastname@example.org). The full description of the PAC Representative Role can be found here: Parent Advisory Council
2022/2023 PTO/PSCC Calendar Posted
Here are the proposed meeting dates for PTO/PSCC for the 2022/2023 school year. Please visit the Allderdice school site for the most up-to-date calendar of events. All meetings will be virtual via MS Teams. Access information will be emailed in Dr. McCoy’s weekly email.
The PTO portion of the meetings will start at 6PM; the PSCC portion of the meeting will begin at approximately 6:30 PM.
- Thursday, September 8 – Rules, Title I
- Thursday, October 13 – College Applications
- Thursday, November 10 – PBIS and Restorative Practices
- Thursday, December 15 – Winter Concert + Multi-Cultural Dinner
- Thursday, January 19 – Mental Health and Drugs
- Thursday, February 9 – Overview of Course Offerings
- Thursday, March 9 – Black Student Union
- Thursday, April 20– Social Media Awareness
- Thursday, May 11 – Student Spotlight
Grant Proposals for 2022/2023 School Year
The PTO invites Allderdice Teachers and Staff to write proposals for the PTO to fund initiatives that will enrich student learning experiences. Grant proposals are reviewed by the PTO monthly. The deadline is the first of each month.
Grant Proposal Submission Request
- When the form is submitted below, you will receive a copy of your responses. Please forward that email to Dr. McCoy.
- Dr. McCoy will either approve your request, he will ask you to provide more information, or he will deny your request.
- If you need to revise your application, edit the form and forward the revised form to Dr. McCoy for his final approval.
- If you receive approval from Dr. McCoy, forward your application with his approval to email@example.com.
- Documentation of your anticipated expenses must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the TITLE of your grant as the subject header.
- Grant requests received by the 1st of the month will be considered at that month’s PTO meeting.
- You are invited to attend that month’s PTO meeting to answer any questions that may arise. The PTO Schedule is at: https://allderdicepto.org/pto-events/
- Approved grant applications will be notified via email.
If you run into any problems with the Google Form, print this PDF of a PTO Grant Application form and submit all documentation to email@example.com.